no printout, but no other hint of error. F18. (Roger)
wcmattison at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 23:27:07 UTC 2013
> > > > I too have Fedora 18 64 bit. Have always had
> > > > trouble with Xerox laser printer
> > > > in Fedora Linux, all versions, for years. It has
> > > > never been auto detected.
> > > >
> > > > You may need the ppd file, I can send my
> > > > fxlinuxprint.ppd if you wish or
> > > > google for it. Copy it to /usr/share/cups/model/
> > > > My Xerox only seems to work if I jump thru the
> > > > below hoops.
> > Hi Roger,
> > ok, please send your fxlinuxprint.ppd file to me.
> Here ya go Bill
> Both fxlinuxprint and the PCL-Docuprint ppd files I think the
> PCL-Docuprint creates the usb:// uri mentioned earlier.
> Both are plain text files - you can open them in gedit or vim
> There should be a PCL file for your printer in the Xerox system
Thank-you. My apologies for not responding sooner. I got buried in company paperwork yesterday. Then Xerox (a) accepted my ticket, and (b) gave it priority 1. So I'm putting this on hold for a few days hoping they fix their rpm file. The Xerox engineer did not seem too confident, saying:
- This printer uses GDI-based drivers, so technically speaking, the
- standard print process with Linux environments wouldn’t work since
- they only use PostScript-based drivers or emulators. I’m sure
- engineering solved that problem somehow, but I don’t see how since
- the files the driver package includes are just ppds and a few filters.
But he's trying.
To answer your question, I did an "rpm -qp -l" on Xerox's 64-bit Linux .rpm file for this printer. I saw no PCL file.
More information about the users