no printout, but no other hint of error. F18. (Roger)

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 02:04:41 UTC 2013

On 28.03.2013 00:27, William Mattison wrote:
> Hi Roger,

>>> Hi Roger,
>>>
>>> ok, please send your fxlinuxprint.ppd file to me.
>
>> Here ya go Bill
>> Both fxlinuxprint and the PCL-Docuprint ppd files I think the
>> PCL-Docuprint creates the usb:// uri mentioned earlier.
>> Both are plain text files - you can open them in gedit or vim
>> There should be a PCL file for your printer in the Xerox system
>> somewhere
>
> Thank-you.  My apologies for not responding sooner.  I got buried in company paperwork yesterday.  Then Xerox (a) accepted my ticket, and (b) gave it priority 1.  So I'm putting this on hold for a few days hoping they fix their rpm file.  The Xerox engineer did not seem too confident, saying:
>
> - This printer uses GDI-based drivers, so technically speaking, the
> - standard print process with Linux environments wouldn’t work since
> - they only use PostScript-based drivers or emulators. I’m sure
> - engineering solved that problem somehow, but I don’t see how since
> - the files the driver package includes are just ppds and a few filters.
>
> But he's trying.
>
> To answer your question, I did an "rpm -qp -l" on Xerox's 64-bit Linux .rpm file for this printer.  I saw no PCL file.

rpm -qlp Xerox-WorkCentre-6015B_6015N_6015NI-1.0-28.i586.rpm | grep
6015NI.ppd
/usr/share/cups/model/Xerox/Xerox-WorkCentre-6015NI.ppd.gz

grep -i filter usr/share/cups/model/Xerox/Xerox-WorkCentre-6015NI.ppd
*cupsFilter:	"application/vnd.cups-raster 0 xrhk2ap"

file usr/lib/cups/filter/xrhk2ap
usr/lib/cups/filter/xrhk2ap: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux
2.6.4, BuildID[sha1]=0xa84e8b1bfdf520041067ce6257983f8948e551c1, not
stripped

"fxlinuxprint.ppd"[2], what's in there for the WorkCentre-6015NI?

Did you consider using this one[3]?

poma

[1]
http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-6015/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=linux&fileLanguage=en_GB