Meta-discussions and the role of the Fedora Community

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Fri Mar 29 14:55:28 UTC 2013

When people talk about choosing FOSS software like Fedora, "a strong
community" is always cited.

May we declare a moratorium on meta-discussions?  If someone doesn't
give enough info, ask them for more, and that's all.  Going off on top
posting, depth of quoting, typos, etc makes the list a hostile place.

If you don't have something nice or helpful to say, don't say it.

If you need more info, ask for it. If you suspect they don't know what
they're doing, offer some assistance on how they can get that info.

Quite frankly, if I were a newbie and I had a question and were met with
such hostility, I'd think twice about all that stuff about the value of
"the community".

Thanks for listening.