yum upgrade

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 29 21:58:30 UTC 2013

Am 29.03.2013 22:52, schrieb Richard Vickery:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:
>
>     if you want only ONE way to do things switch to Apple OSX
>

> When you put it that way, it reminds me what it was like to use Red Hat back when I made the  switch in 1998 -
> grin, bare it, and patiently work through it - because it was really cool to find out how the commands worked!

well, and because you can not have both worlds in one system they
are all different and any approach to have them all wrok the same
"easy way" whatever "easy" means for one or the other is wrong

we do not need all systems behave the same way
we need the right systems for whatever they should do

and linux should stay for professional or at least ambitious
users because OSX and Windows are lcearly not useable for them