Printing jobs

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Mar 30 23:46:11 UTC 2013

On 03/31/13 02:02, Richard Vickery wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com <mailto:Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 03/30/13 13:03, Richard Vickery wrote:
>     > can anyone help me figure out what is going on here? I'll look at it in the morning, but still might not find it on my own.
>     >
>     > SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups from search access on the directory /var/lib/hp.
>     >
>     >

>     What is the output of
>
>     ls -dZ /var/lib/hp
>
>     It should be
>
>     drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:cupsd_var_lib_t:s0 /var/lib/hp
>
>     If it is not, then
>
>     restorecon -R /var/lib/hp
>

> Before and after the command restorecon -R /var/lib/hp, ls -dZ /var/lib/hp reads
>
> drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:hplip_var_lib_t:s0 /var/lib/hp
>
> But, when I plug the USB printer, and it connects, the printer doesn't exist:
>
> $: lpr March*
> lpr: Error - no default destination available.
>
> Location in system-config-printer shows empty / vacant

First, keep in mind that I'm currently addressing your selinux issue.

But, just to be sure, what is the output of the following commands.

rpm -qa | grep ^hp
lpstat -a
grep /var/lib/hp /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts

Then, would you mind to try this sequence?

[root at localhost ~]# cd /var/lib
[root at localhost lib]# rmdir hp
[root at localhost lib]# mkdir hp
[root at localhost lib]# ls -dZ hp
drwxr-xr-x. root root unconfined_u:object_r:var_lib_t:s0 hp
[root at localhost lib]# restorecon -RF hp
[root at localhost lib]# ls -dZ hp
drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:cupsd_var_lib_t:s0 hp