Can't Load Fedora 15

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 16:26:20 UTC 2013

joe at zeff.us>> wrote:

> >     On 03/30/2013 08:09 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:
> >
> >         In my world, those of political science and law, research is
done in
> >         books or online reports where we know what to look for, and we
have a
> >         pretty good knowledge of what the cases are that we're making;
plus, we
> >         have librarians ready and willing to help find information.
Excuse my
> >         ignorance, but I neither knew, nor heard anyone suggest, that I
had to
> >         go grab information and insight from some webpage, the
existence of
> >         which most contributors, at least in my place, are clueless of.
> >
> >     So what you're saying is, it never would have occurred to you to go
to the distro's website and see what the
> >     people putting it out have to say about it, before using it?
> >
> > How would I know to look for something that I would not be sure I had
an interest in, let alone know exists?

> sorry but this sounds very idiotic

What reference point are you using when you use the term 'idiotic'?

I wonder ifanyone has given any thought to this surprise being exactly that
which is why universities will never install Fedora or Red Hat on any of
their boxes, much less entirely. Microsoft will ALWAYS beat us out when
they're far more helpful than we are.