Can't Load Fedora 15

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Mar 31 18:57:19 UTC 2013

| From: Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>

| Am 30.03.2013 04:51, schrieb Richard Vickery:
| > Those with much more experience in the group and Linux will tell you that this version is no longer supported, and
| > that  you should download the current one if you need help. It sounds rather cold when they say it, but they've
| > answered these questions too often, about one a day, and we may be under pressure to put out the next product.
|
| you do not need to be snappy
|
| * the 6 months release cycle is not new
| * everybody who installs a OS should have enough brain to consider the life-cycle for his usage
|
| so no, ZERO understanding for chosing the wrong distribution and ZERO
| understanding for try to install a outdated OS on a new computer

Reindl:

I think that this is where the conversation when wrong.  Surely a
misunderstanding.

Vickery was trying to soften the blow of the advice Kuns was given,
explaining it to him.  He was not suggesting that the advice was
wrong.

Vickery was not snappy (in the eyes of a native speaker of English).

Kuns was doing something you consider dumb, but we don't know why he
was doing it.  He might have had a good reason.

The advice Kuns was getting was suggesting he use a more modern
release.

That's my interpretation.

What was your interpretation?  Why did you feel it
necessary/useful/appropriate to jump in with such a harsh and
judgemental statement?  And why to Vickery, not Kuns?

Kuns has not come back with a reply.  Did we scare him off?  That
would be too bad.