Printing jobs

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Mar 31 22:27:33 UTC 2013

On 04/01/13 03:30, Richard Vickery wrote:

>     No.  The file /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts is provided by selinux-policy-targeted.  cups and hplip are not mutually exclusive.
>
>     I just checked and earlier versions of the policy did have hplip_var_lib....
>
>     So....
>
>     yum update selinux-policy-targeted
>
>     Should correct that problem....
>
>     Can you print with lpr using either -P or setting the default?
>

> Installing the above and going to print now get an error in the form of the following, forcing me to go back through emails to figure out how I got in recently. If I can't get a bug report done today, the following is what I have just had returned:
>
> SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/cupsd from using the 'transition' accesses on a process.

I would not bugzilla this or create a locale policy quite yet.  One has to consider that selinux is not HW sensitive.  Also, this is basic system stuff that if one has installed via the normal means it is used by "lots" of people.....

I would first do this.....

[root at meimei ~]# ls -dZ /usr/sbin/cupsd
-rwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:cupsd_exec_t:s0 /usr/sbin/cupsd

[root at meimei ~]# ls -dZ /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus
-rwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0       /usr/lib/cups/notifier/dbus

I'm guessing one of these will not match the above.....

I would then...

[root at meimei ~]# yum check-update (to make sure no updates are pending...and update if there are)

followed by

[root at meimei ~]# touch /.autorelabel

And then *reboot*.  The boot process will take longer than normal....

Then try again....