Installing R-3*gz

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed May 1 03:35:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Richard Vickery
<richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi T.C.,
>
> That operation installed R-3.0.0-2, which is AWESOME! #yum install R
> installs 2.x; I downloaded an R-3.0.0 tar ball from the sight and was
> installing that before installing the updates-testing" version, and this is
> where the questions were coming from, but now that I've got 3.0.0-2, I'm not
> complaining; it's only that the tar ball is not an updates testing version.

Excellent!

If you find that package works fine for you, you can log into the
Fedora Update System and give it good karma, which will get it pushed
to the stable updates repository faster:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-6425/

-T.C.