is there a way to play swf files (version > 9) in Fedora?

"Germán A. Racca" german.racca at gmail.com
Wed May 1 23:22:08 UTC 2013

Hi list!

Not that I'm a fan of gaming, but I discovered the web site y8.com by
chance and I liked the games, and they even offer a download option.

The games are in swf format, and even having gnash installed, not all of
the games I downloaded are working. Reading the info for gnash I can see
that "Gnash is capable of reading up to SWF v9...". Taking a look at the
files I downloaded:

$ file *.swf
AmericanRacing.swf:                  Macromedia Flash data (compressed),
version 14
coasterracer2.swf:                   Macromedia Flash data (compressed),
version 10
Formula Racer 2012_May_4th_2012.swf: Macromedia Flash data (compressed),
version 10
virtual_drums.swf:                   Macromedia Flash data (compressed),
version 6

In fact, the only one that plays nicely is virtual_drums.swf. Question
is: how can I play the other files whose versions are > 9 in Fedora? All
that I found in Google refers to Adobe Player, but the download links
are for the flash plugin for the web browser.

Any help is appreciated.

Germán.
--
Germán A. Racca