Extraordinary delay in accessing web-site

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu May 2 14:15:20 UTC 2013

On 05/02/13 21:25, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Thanks again for your response.
> I've been using wireshark as you suggested,
> and it seems that the same packet is being repeated endlessly.
> It is described as "TCP segment of a reassembled PDU".
>
> So I wonder if it is just a problem with the protocol
> used by the WVC54GCA camera to send pictures over the internet?
>
> Or perhaps more likely it has something to do with the MTU?
> The packet that is repeated endlessly has length 1462.

In doing some googling on your device, it seems others have encountered the same issue with some reporting success after altering the MTU.

I suppose I would try changes there first.  Posts suggest trying 1400.

If possible, I would check the network devices at the remote end to see what they are set to.  Normally, the default is 1500.

The ip command can be used to set the MTU for the interface.

Additionally, and this is a long time ago, I had similar network issues with a device and it was necessary to turn off tcp_window_scaling in the kernel.  If memory serves me, the problem was between a linux system and a WinXP application.

--
The only thing worse than a poorly asked question is a cryptic answer.