Expectation of privacy

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu May 2 20:27:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 12:13:01PM -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 05/02/2013 11:48 AM, Bill Oliver wrote:
> >3a) There is a reasonable expectation of privacy regarding email sent
> >from one person to one other person.
>
> I might add that although there's no legal prohibition about making
> private emails public, most people consider it bad manners to do so
> without the sender's permission.  "What happens in private mail
> stays in private mail."

More relevant: We have mailing list guidelines that directly address
using private, off-list email (and keeping it so):

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Certain_behavioral_guidelines

Having a bunch of IANALs debate legality, while certainly a great
academic and forensic exercise, is off topic for the list.  Let's get
back to Fedora!  :-)