Network Manager Problems

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Fri May 3 14:14:51 UTC 2013

On Fri, 3 May 2013, Kevin Martin wrote:

> On 05/03/13 07:29, Lawrence Graves wrote:
>
> Lawrence,
>
> If you replaced the card and then it worked I'm not sure how you can then report that the problem was not the card.  Not only did
> you replace the card but then you also installed Fedora 18, thereby eliminating any chance at that time of knowing if your problem
> was hardware or software related.  Have you tried reinstalling F19 Beta TC2 with the "working" card?  Did it work/not work if you
> did?  I'm not saying that it's not NM that's the problem but you need to debug things one step at a time to determine that.
>
> Kevin

It may not be the card, but the driver.  For some reason, I commonly have wifi problems with new Fedora releases, particularly on a Toshiba laptop I use -- I don't have the machine here and can't remember the NIC, but I think it uses a realtek driver of some sort.  I make a report to bugzilla, and it sits there for a couple of months.  Eventually I'll get an email saying "we upgraded the kernel -- did that fix it?"  and it did.  I tend to run Mint in the meantime.

billo