Expectation of privacy

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 4 07:59:27 UTC 2013

Tim:
>> It's the same as following someone home then picking a fight with them,
>> because you no-longer feel obliged to behave with decency.  They only
>> way to stop someone doing that sort of thing is to make it known what
>> they're doing.

Ralf Corsepius:
> Sometimes no, sometimes yes.
>
> In most cases it's disclosing information or providing background
> information/opinions which are not appropriate/relevant for the public
> audience.

Certainly, I couldn't justify publicising someone's confidential
information, but I can justify making it known that someone likes to
send offensive messages when they think they can get away with it.  For
what it's worth, such offensive mail would contravene laws in some
quarters, to begin with (offensive, threats, etc.).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.