yum installed name only?

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sat May 4 21:07:06 UTC 2013

On 5/4/2013 4:57 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 04.05.2013 22:52, schrieb David:

>>> what did you not understand in "NAME only"?
>>>
>>> rpm -qa --queryformat "%{name}\n"
>>>
>>> as i answered hours ago, but hey someone decided to moderate
>>> my messages again because i am not that nice guy always and
>>> this idiotic list is misconfigured because on others you are
>>> notfied that your message received at least the server
>>>
>> I have been using an 'rpm based' Linux since 1996 or so. To the
>> best of my knowledge what you want has never be able to do.
>>
>> I, personally, have added an alias to my .bashrc and named it
>> rpmq that calls this feature.  example rpmq ConsoleKit
>
> can never LIST alle installed packages without version / arch
> because this does by definition not refer to a single package and
> that was the question

What I wrote will list every package with the search term in it's name.

rpm -qa | grep kernel

will list all the kernels, the kernel-development packages (if
installed), along with the kernel-headers.

If you have both i686 and x86_64 packages, such a libs, it lists both
(all). No need search with version or arch.

Other than the part of the question that does not work was that not
the solution to OP's question?

BTW. Why are you  Cc: replying to the list and directly replying To: me?

- --

  David