Using Chromium instead of Chrome?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun May 5 21:32:08 UTC 2013

On Sun, 05 May 2013 08:54:54 +0200, Suvayu Ali wrote:

> What does the following say?
>
>   $ xdg-mime query default text/html
>
> It should give you the desktop file for Chrome.  Change it to the
> desktop file for Chromium with something like the following.
>
>   $ xdg-mime default <chromium_desktop_file> text/html

	OK, I have a doubtless Very Dumb Question (VDQ) to the general
case : if I want to change it to, say, Dillo (or Opera, or Midori,
or ...), where do I look for this <generic-desktop-file> text/html, and
how do I recognize it when I find it? I don't see any candidates where I
can think of to look, but maybe I wouldn't.

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.