UEFI Notebook

Len Philpot len at philpot.org
Mon May 6 17:35:34 UTC 2013

On 05/06/2013 at 08:09 AM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

>Enabling CSM is not required, nor should it be enabled if you want to
>use UEFI-mode.
>
>You must create a UEFI-compatible USB stick, which you stated you did
>not do. Pass "--efi" to the "livecd-iso-to-disk" script to do so.

I don't think I specifically said that I created a non-EFI USB stick -- I
simply stated I created a USB boot stick (I didn't say whether it was EFI or
not). Actually it /was/ an EFI USB boot stick, but I was unable to figure out
how to launch anaconda from the DVD once booted from the stick. That was all
done prior to enabling CSM mode and the textonly install which removed my EFI
partition. After the textonly install, it was no longer an issue.  :-)

I'm running just fine now in legacy boot mode. I have no need at this point
for UEFI.

Thanks.
--
Len Philpot