gnome-shell and syslog problems [SOLVED]

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed May 8 08:35:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 07:34:39PM +0000, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > $HOME/.cache/gdm/session.log
>
>         Window manager warning: Failed to load theme "Nodoka": Failed to
>         find a valid file for theme Nodoka
>
> Which makes sense, insofar as I did not have Nodaka installed, but does
> not make sense, insofar as I never selected Nodaka as a theme.  (It's
> not an option if it's not installed.)
>
> Started gnome-tweak-tool from a remote SSH session, checked that the
> default theme was still selected.  (It was.)  gnome-tweak-tool updates
> its settings when it exits, and after that, everything seems to be
> working fine.

Please still file a bug for this. Ideally if there is a problem with the
theme it would revert to the default theme. Not sure if technically
possible though, depends on why it failed (bug report would inform the
developers so they can investigate). Assume product should be either
mutter or gnome-shell.

Aside from that, maybe the "fail screen" should just allow to show that
session.log file. I know there is some pending work on the fail screen.
--
Regards,
Olav