Fwd: Fedora 18 basic functionality install question

soko.tica soko.tica at gmail.com
Thu May 9 05:22:08 UTC 2013

Now I need to install pesign (and other required packages which I haven't
done by basic functionality set). To do that I can:

1) Turn off secure boot and install normally through ethernet NIC. What I
am not sure is:
1.1) Once I install packages in "legacy" (e.g. BIOS) mode, will I be able
to turn on again the UEFI/secure boot features of the notebook both for f18
and win8?

2) Configure wi-fi in f18, find a wireless connectivity and install pesign
(et al.). This is what I plan to do, unless someone can confirm by
experience that the answer to Q 1.1. is yes. The issue with 2 is that it
will take time, probably by the end of this week.

I'll be back to report the results, or to seek further help if needed.

Once again, many thanks to poma, and others willing to help.

Regards,