How to mount a external USB drive automatically

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu May 9 22:44:12 UTC 2013

On 05/09/2013 02:31 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
> F18, XFCE, mount removable media is checked.  When I plugin my external
> HD, it shows up on the desktop, unmounted.

Further searching of the forum shows this:
http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=7149

However, my desktop's version of
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks2.policy doesn't have
<action id="org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount-other-seat"> and I
don't know enough to be sure where (if anywhere) to modify.  However, it
seems like a good idea to pass this on because somebody out there will
probably know what's needed, now that we have an idea of where to look.