Restricting browsers to only listed websites

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 10 16:03:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 16:48 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> dns is not needed for networking on the technical level
> enter the domains you need and want to allow to access in /etc/hosts

Then, later on, when you find that the site isn't accessible anymore,
because the service changed where they host their site, change the IPs
you list in your hosts file.  Worse, find that you have to keep doing
this quite often, because the site spreads itself across different IPs.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.