Rant of the day: Insane dependencies for liveusb-creator

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat May 11 19:11:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> i run fedora for special programs and mainly use scientific linux,
> which already had liveusb-creator installed.

that is a good approach (I mean, having LiveUSB-creator as part of the
base install) .

Like I said in a previous message, I solved it by using 'tuxboot'
which does the same without needed a ton of deps, just p7zip-plugins
and beesu to be run as root. It worked wonders, and I was able to burn
Clonezilla* from my F18 LiveCD.

Thanks to everyone who replied with their thoughts, opinions and suggestions. :)

FC
* For newbies reading this, it's a bootable linux cd image optimized
for partition imaging and full disk imaging, using partimage, and a
text-mode GUI