Installing a single file from an RPM into a system running SELinux

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Sat May 11 20:40:53 UTC 2013

I need to install a single file from an RPM, namely

      * RPM gnome-keyring-3.6.3-1.fc18.i686
      * File: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so

into a system running selinux.  If I simply expand the RPM and copy in
the needed file, the selinux permissions will be wrong.  Is there a
utility or a function of the rpm program to do this?  Any other
convenient way?  I do I simply have to set all the selinux permissions
after the file is installed?

Thanks - jon