Installing a single file from an RPM into a system running SELinux

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 11 21:10:08 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 11 May 2013, Jonathan Ryshpan sent:
> If I simply expand the RPM and copy in the needed file, the selinux
> permissions will be wrong.

Probably not.  The general behaviour is for files to get created with
the right contexts when created in, or copied to, their normal filepath.
Moving files, on the other hand, usually has the wrong contexts (the
default context for where it was created in, not moved to).

There may be cases where some script changes contexts during install,
but they'd be prone to failing whenever the files get their contexts
replaced by an auto-label.  And that's something you can do to existing
files, to reset their contexts to the proper ones.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.8-100.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Apr 17 17:15:40 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.