F18 download won't burn to CD.

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 13 18:39:07 UTC 2013

Andre Robatino <robatino <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:

> drive (if you machine can boot from that). You can get an internal DVD
> burner nowadays for about $15, and the media is about as cheap as CDs but
> much larger, so there's not much point in using CDs anyway.

If your motherboard only supports IDE, you'll probably have to buy an
SATA-to-IDE adapter as well, since the new cheap DVD burners all seem to be
SATA. So you might pay a total of closer to $25. I have an old IDE-only
machine with a bad DVD burner and will probably do that. (Better than paying
extra for an IDE burner that I can't swap into newer machines.)