Can anyone recommend a cheap MP3 player?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mellertson at gmail.com
Mon May 13 22:36:41 UTC 2013

On 05/13/2013 05:19 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
> On 05/13/2013 06:01 PM, Anthony wrote:
>> I have an old iPod Touch 1st Gen that I really still use quite a bit
>> (mostly for email and the like). But since I moved all of my
>> computers
>> to Linux, I can't access the device anymore and can't transfer
>> music to
>> and from it. I'm not willing to install Windows in any form be it
>> a VM
>> or the like, So I'm going to get a new MP3 player and just use
>> the Touch
>> like a handheld for email and podcasts I can stream online.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a good, cheap 8gb MP3 player that will work
>> with
>> Fedora? If possible, I'd like something that simply shows up as a
>> flash
>> drive or something instead of having the need to install
>> libraries and
>> other programs to access it.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Anthony Papillion
> I have a Sansa Fuze which works pretty good. The nice thing about
> it is that it takes a Micro-SD card as well, so you essentially
> have two file systems with music on 'em.
I have one as well. It looks like a USB drive to Linux. The micro-SD
card, if you have one in, will show up as a second drive. They will
both get mounted. As an added benefit, it has an FM tuner and will
also play Slot Radio cards.

Mikkel

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and
taste good with Ketchup!