Can't start in graphical mode or select desktop after software uninstall

Anthony lists at cajuntechie.org
Tue May 14 12:12:28 UTC 2013

So I wanted to remove libimobiledevices since I *though* I was the one
who'd installed it and it was no longer needed (I'm ditching the iPod).
I typed

sudo yum remove blahblah

where blahblah was the actual package name for libimobiledevices.

All of a sudden, I saw it removing all sorts of stuff I didn't want to:
blueman, banshee, empathy, etc. It then dropped me to a terminal screen
where it had started blueman again. It stayed there.

Finally, I restarted the computer and it only starts at runlevel 3
(non-graphical mode). I have to log in and type startx every time to
bring up the desktop. BUT, it only automatically starts GNOME3 and not
XFCE. I also have no way to select XFCE as I no longer get the login
screen in graphical mode. It just starts the desktop.

How can I fix this? Did I just do something that will require me to
reinstall my system?

Oh, I also tried to do

sudo yum install libimobiledevices and it told me that it was already
installed.

Help, please!

Anthony