Can't start in graphical mode or select desktop after software uninstall

Anthony lists at cajuntechie.org
Tue May 14 12:58:44 UTC 2013

On 05/14/2013 07:50 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/14/13 20:12, Anthony wrote:
>> All of a sudden, I saw it removing all sorts of stuff I didn't want to:
>> blueman, banshee, empathy, etc. It then dropped me to a terminal screen
>> where it had started blueman again. It stayed there.
>
> Check /var/log/yum.log to find out all the packages that were removed.  Most likely the list will clue you in as to what needs to be restored.
>
> BTW, yum remove would have listed what it was going to remove before actually doing it.  You didn't use -y did you?  :-)

Indeed it did list what it was going to remove. I misread it and went
along my merry "pressing y" way lol.

Looks like I was able to fix it. I reinstalled gdm and then set it as
the default desktop manager. Everything seems fine now again.

haha no, I didn't use -y. I'm not *that* new around here lol

Thanks again for the help everyone. I appreciate it. I just need to
learn to read a bit more before assuming things will just work out.

Anthony