no printout, but no other hint of error. F18.

William Mattison wcmattison at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 14:41:01 UTC 2013

Good morning,

Some time ago, I put this aside because Xerox said it would work the problem.  Xerox has since refused to work it.  Xerox does support this device on Redhat Enterprise systems, but will not support it on Fedora systems.  A Xerox user-support back-line engineer was able to reproduce the problem on a Fedora-18 system (hardware unknown).  Xerox engineers were not able to reproduce the problem on a 32 bit Enterprise system.  I now need to revive this issue here.

I don't know how printing works ("under the hood"); and I do not know the jargon involved.  So let's please take this one easy step at a time.  My first question:  Once the Xerox driver (an RPM) for the device is downloaded, and RPM and cups have done what they do, what files (names) should be where (paths) with what ownership and what permissions?  This information will let me check that the download and install worked correctly.  I did the download and install as the root user.

thanks,
Bill.