suggestions for linux laptop

Frédéric Bron frederic.bron at m4x.org
Wed May 15 07:53:31 UTC 2013

> The nvidia card is a pain, which is why I recommend integrated graphics

I agree that nvidia is a pain. I have a very unstable system because
of proprietary driver: very often, the X server freezes at 100% of CPU
and the only solution is just to turn off the computer. However the
fedora driver (nouveau) is very slow for games and cannot handle
suspend properly so that you have to turn off completely the computer
to save your battery when you don't use it. However, I have no idea if
other cards do better.

Frédéric