F18 no support for NV18GL [Quadro NVS 280 SD] (rev c1) video card?

Paul Erickson va7nt at telus.net
Wed May 15 16:21:51 UTC 2013

I have been trying to install F18 on an A7V8Z-x with a  NV18GL [Quadro
NVS 280 SD] (rev c1) video card. The same configuration is fine with
F17, but with F18 after the install and first reboot, the grub screen
comes up fine, but then the screen goes grey and in the middle of the
screen is a rectangle outlined faintly in white, which I assume is the
login box, but no text or other indicators are intelligible. I have
tried installing the nvidia drivers from the command line, but also no
joy.Has anyone else been able to get F18 to work with this video card,
and if so, how.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul