suggestions for linux laptop

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Wed May 15 21:04:49 UTC 2013

On 05/14/2013 09:05:50 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> I am looking for a new laptop running Fedora. A real workhorse but
> hopefully not very heavy. Any suggestions?
>
> Btw, what is the highest vertical resolution I can get? I used to
> have
> a Dell with 1200 some time ago, but can't seem to locate any now.
> Btw,
> does anyone know anything about the Samsung laptop with 1440 vertical
> resolution?
Check out Puget Systems (http://www.pugetsystems.com). I'm running one
of their laptops; trouble free for a year. Although their primary
offering is Windows 7 (no surprise there) their support staff is Linux-
friendly (they run Fedora internally) so Fedora-related questions won't
result in a dial tone. And they do know of what they speak.