A start job is running for NetworkManager wait online...

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu May 16 11:43:53 UTC 2013

Am 16.05.2013 13:40, schrieb Tom Horsley:
> WTF is this nonsense? I have NetworkManager disabled, but I
> just rebooted after installing the new 3.9 kernel and I get
> several pauses during boot that say "A start job is running
> for NetworkManager wait online" and animate a cute little
> cylon eyeball in the [] at the beginning of the message.
>
> Why is NetworkManager screwing up my boot even though
> it is disabled? How do I really and truly make it
> STOP?

looks like you have *not* disabled all

systemctl list-units | grep -i network

look at *any* service which referrs to NM and disable it
or simply *uninstall it* as it is always a good idea
only have packages installed which are in use

[harry at rh:~]$ rpm -qa | grep -i networkmanager
NetworkManager-glib-0.9.8.1-3.git20130514.fc18.x86_64
[harry at rh:~]$