NFS - mount \ usermount

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu May 16 14:22:29 UTC 2013

On 05/16/13 22:17, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On BoxA have in /etc/fstab:
> torrent.frankly3d.home:/home/frank/Torrent/
> 	/home/frank/Torrents               nfs
> ro,users,noauto,hard,intr             0 0
>
> On torrent /etc/exports:
> /home/frank/Torrent
> 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0(ro,insecure,sync,all_squash)
>
> All mount-points do exist on BoxA
>
> mount /home/frank/Torrents
> mount.nfs: Connection timed out
>
> Both can ping hostname -s each way.
> Also added server to /etc/hosts on BoxA.

You're using NFSv3.  I don't use that any longer.....

If you disable the firewall on system torrent can you mount?  If so, and if you really want to use v3 and keep your firewall up, you'll need to find and follow the procedure to fix the ports used by v3.

--
The only thing worse than a poorly asked question is a cryptic answer.