F18: Create a USB install of CentOS 6 from iso

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri May 17 15:36:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

Not sure this answers your question, but have you tried unetbootin?

Install using yum:

sudo yum unetbootin

and then go

sudo unetbootin

and then choose your iso.

I have found this to be the most worry-free way to doing things.

HTH,
Ranjan

On Fri, 17 May 2013 18:05:42 +0300 Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina at rktmb.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On a F18, I installed livecd-tools-18.15-1
>
> I downloaded CenOS6.x minimal .iso and with livecd-iso-to-disk the
> resulting USB is never bootable: the computer doesnt boot on it. Tested
> on many computers.
>
> The fact is I succeded to install CentOS on a Netbook (no CD/DVD tray),
> but I dont remember how I invoked livecd-iso-to-disk.
>
> I tried with many combinations (/dev/sdc is the USB pendrive):
>
> 1°)
> $ sudo livecd-iso-to-disk --format --force <ISO> /dev/sdc
>
> 2°)
> $ sudo livecd-iso-to-disk --format --force <ISO> /dev/sdc1
>
> 3°)
> - Format with VFAT on partiion #1 then
> $ sudo livecd-iso-to-disk <ISO> /dev/sdc1
>
> 4°)
> - Format with Ext on partiion #1 then
> $ sudo livecd-iso-to-disk <ISO> /dev/sdc1

> N°)
> I dont remember what I tried, but it was many, mostly tried with CentOS 6.2
>
> Please, if someone has a F18 + an USB drive: would you test and see if
> you succed?
> If you ever succed, how did you?
>

> --
> RMA.
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional
e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.