space error in creating a fedora spin

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri May 17 18:29:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been getting an error of "No space left on device" using my own
kickstart, so I decided to try and make the lxde ks on my own to see
what was up.

Here is what I tried:

sudo setenforce 0
sudo livecd-creator --cache=cache --fslabel=LXDE
--config=fedora-livecd-lxde.ks

There are a number of messages (all looking fine) till:

 Installing: ethtool                      ###################
[1052/1050] 1909 blocks

No changes to default zone needed.
Removing password for user root.
passwd: Success
Note: Forwarding request to 'systemctl enable NetworkManager.service'.
Note: Forwarding request to 'systemctl disable sshd.service'.
rm '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/sshd.service'
Missing EFI file (/boot/efi/EFI/*/shim.efi)
Missing EFI file (/boot/efi/EFI/*/gcdx64.efi)
Failed to copy EFI files, no EFI Support will be included.
Missing shim.efi, skipping efiboot.img creation.
The unit files have no [Install] section. They are not meant to be
enabled using systemctl.
Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
1) A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another
unit's .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
2) A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which
has a requirement dependency on it.
3) A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path,
timer, D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).
Packages within this LiveCD

3922 manual pages were added.
0 stray cats were added.
0 old database entries were purged.
8.5%
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale
settings) Size of boot image is 4 sectors -> No emulation
  1.43% done, estimate finish Fri May 17 13:20:26 2013
  2.86% done, estimate finish Fri May 17 13:21:01 2013
  4.29% done, estimate finish Fri May 17 13:20:26 2013
genisoimage: No space left on device. cannot fwrite 32768*1
Error creating Live CD : ISO creation failed!

What is this error creating message? Is it because a standard CD has no
more that 700MB of space? (But the F18 LXDE spin takes less than 600
MB if I recall correctly. So then what is it?) How do I get around this?

Btw, I checked to be sure, and I do have HDD space in / (2.9GB) /tmp
(4GB) as well as in home (5 GB).

Many thanks for any help and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional