space error in creating a fedora spin

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri May 17 18:51:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013 13:36:31 -0500 Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to>
wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 13:29:27 -0500,
>    Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have been getting an error of "No space left on device" using my own
> >kickstart, so I decided to try and make the lxde ks on my own to see
> >what was up.
>
> Usually when this happens you want to add or modify a part command in
> your ks file to allow for more space. Note the final size isn't the
> limit here. It's the loop mounted file system the data is written to
> before being compressed.

Thanks! But right now, I am using the lxde.ks which ships with Fedora
(available from /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-livecd-lxde.ks)
without any changes which is why I am stupefied.

What could cause this?

Also, how does one modify the part command to allow for more space
(with regard to my own ks)?

Many thanks,
Ranjan