F18+Windows7+"Secure boot not enabled"

Celik celik.n.00 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 02:26:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to replace Windows 7 OS with F18 but running into the problem of
"secure boot not enabled".

Background information:
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5560
Current OS: Windows 7
Phoneix SecureCore Tiano Setup

When starting the laptop F2 opens the Phoneix setup menu, in the "Security"
sub-menu there is not option to enable "secure boot".

I'm trying to perform the installation via DVD
Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso<http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/18/Live/x86_64/Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso>.
Haven't attempted the USB -live image installation option discussed in
F18 documentation as I made the assumption that if I can't boot from the
DVD then also won't be able to boot from USB. Also integrity of the DVD
.iso if fine as I used it to upgrade F16 to F18 on another computer.

Do you have any suggestions as to what to do? Please note I'm a newbie.

Regards,