Can't open port in firewalld

আনন্দ কুমার সমাদ্দার Ananda Samaddar ananda at samaddar.co.uk
Sat May 18 20:47:06 UTC 2013

Hello all,

So I've found out that by default my script controlled ethernet
connection is in the public zone in firewalld.  I however cannot open a
port for Transmission, the torrent client.  I set Transmission to use
the static default port 51413.

I then do the following:

firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=51413/tcp
firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=51413/udp

Transmission shows the port as closed.  It's definitely a firewalld
issue.  As soon as I disable firewalld by using systemd the port is
shown as open in Transmission.

Am I doing something wrong here?

thanks,

Ananda