Bootable distro on Flash - Howto?

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Sat May 18 21:19:46 UTC 2013

Il giorno sab, 18/05/2013 alle 21.24 +0200, j.halifax2 at seznam.cz ha
scritto:

> Please advise, how to create a USB Flash memory to
> be bootable and contain a full FC18 distribution (~4GB
> like on DVD)?

I have install f19 (and f18) on a 8Gb USB Key via virt-manager (or via
some other virtual machine environment, like VirtualBox).

Create a new linux guest without disk, share USB key to it, boot from
DVD and install f19 on USB key disk.
Work great for me.

Or put USB into your PC/Notebook, boot from DVD and install on USB key.

> I copied (by using dd) the image file but only some
> minimal installation was inclued.. :(
If you copy the iso image you do not permanently install software or
update, or save your document on it.

Hope this help

Bye

Dario Lesca - sip:dario at solinos.it