Can't open port in firewalld

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sat May 18 21:22:10 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM, আনন্দ কুমার সমাদ্দার
<ananda at samaddar.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2013 22:07:15 +0100
> আনন্দ কুমার সমাদ্দার Ananda Samaddar <ananda at samaddar.co.uk> wrote:
>> I tested the port on ShieldsUP and it informs me that it is 'stealth'
>> mode so obviously not open.  I don't think the router is the problem
>> as when I disabled the firewall the port was shown as being open.
>> I'll give Deluge a shot.
>>
>> Ananda
>
> No joy with Deluge using the same port.  When firewalld is active the
> port is closed.  When it's disabled the port is shown as open in Deluge.

Well I didn't expect Deluge to magically open the port, only to do a
better job at reporting its open status.  ;-)

Are you completely sure your interface is in the "public" zone?
`firewall-cmd --get-active-zones` should tell you whether that is the
case.

If it is, I would suspect that firewalld doesn't work very well with
the network service.  You might have to use the old iptables service
instead.  (I'd suggest filing a bug against firewalld to let them know
this is broken, though.)

-T.C.