FC18 Installation: No X comes

j.halifax2 at seznam.cz j.halifax2 at seznam.cz
Sun May 19 17:51:00 UTC 2013

Hello Harald,

Thank you for your kind help.

FC18 has a completly rewritten grub and behaves strange way.

Sometimes the USB stik boots, other time the same one doesn't.

I haven't got any option in anaconda what to choose. When I finally

got FC18 installed only multiuser target came as there was de.mo

missing. I had to copy it from other place, install "Basic X Window

System" and "GNOME Desktop" and then I could run startx. ;)

When I link the GUI as a default target, the one-color screen comes

with can be switched for 4 working spaces. Right click gives some

functions, some of them works, others don't. Probably also some

installations are needed. Hopefully the FC19 will be more mature. ;)

Thank you so much !

jh