Handbrake for f18 x86_64?

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Wed May 22 14:15:44 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 09:56:24 AM Neal Becker wrote:
> > git clone git://messinet.com/rpms/handbrake.git
>
> So this spec doesn't even attempt to use system versions of libs?

It should, for those system libraries that upstream supports.  Perhaps some
invasive patching could make better use of system libraries, but it wasn't
worth my effort at the time.  Patches welcome.  See the release notes [1]
which state:

* Use some system libraries rather than bundling
  * fontconfig, freetype, libxml2, libass, libogg, libvorbis, libtheora and
libsamplerate

1. https://trac.handbrake.fr/milestone/HandBrake%200.9.9

I'm guessing this might be part of why it isn't included in RPMFusion.

-A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E