Zathura -

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri May 24 10:57:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 05:25:22 -0400, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> I just yum installed zathura in F-18/64/XFCE. It appears to run but displays a blank form with only [No name] at the bottom left.
>
> [bobg at box10 ~]$ zathura  /mnt/HOME1/Documents/Toro/3375-638.pdf
> error: could not open plugin directory: /usr/lib64/zathura
> error: unknown file type
>

> Perhaps it wont work with XFCE?

It's sort of "mispackaged". You need to install the zathura-pdf-poppler
package, too. The zathura package description mentions that "plugins" are
used, but is describes Zathura as PDF viewer although by default it cannot
displays PDF, because the pdf-poppler plugin is not installed.

Description :
Zathura is a highly configurable and functional PDF viewer based on the Poppler
rendering library and the GTK+ toolkit. The idea behind zathura is an
application that provides a minimalist and space saving interface as well as
an easy usage that mainly focuses on keyboard interaction.

Zathura uses plugins to open different file formats, for instance:
* zathura-pdf-poppler to open PDF files,
* zathura-ps to open PostScript files,
* zathura-djvu to open DjVu files.
All of these are available in Fedora.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.3-301.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.17 0.07 0.06