Big problem with an update

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Sat May 25 14:27:20 UTC 2013

On 05/25/2013 12:44 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 22:35:14 -0400,
>   Frank McCormick <beacon at videotron.ca> wrote:
>> I was updating Fedora 19 tonight when my system crashed ( I suspect
>> it's a memory error)....but anyway it
>> now **appears I have a lot of duplicate files on my system, at least
>> that what yum check all reports.
>> The crash happened after the updates had been installed I think
>> during the verify stage.
>
> Have you tried yum-complete-transaction? That will probably work.
> You can check things afterwords with package-cleanup --dupes and
> package-cleanup --problems.

     Complete-transaction reported it could not finish and ended up
marking the transaction files as invalid.
It was then I took another users suggestion and ran package-cleanup
--dupes. That's what left my partition in
a partially unbootable state.
Now I am stumped..it appears only a re-installation would work

--
--Cheers--