Weird network problem

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Sun May 26 12:11:35 UTC 2013

On 05/26/2013 02:21 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 05/25/2013 06:00 PM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> I've got several machines on a LAN behind a NAT with DHCP assigning
>> always the same addresses from a dynamic IP.
>>
>> A couple of days ago the IP changed & since then, one of the machines
>> running Fedora 17 always fails first time to connect to the network:
>> launch Thunderbird, no start screen, first attempt to check mail, it
>> tells me that there's no network connection, second attempt it connects.
>
> As long as it always gets the same IP address, why don't you just set it
> manually?

The same address assigned is in the 192.168.1.xxx range & is, obviously,
internal. The dynamic IP is external & this is the one that changes & I
have no control over it (& I can't get a static IP unfortunately).

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy, Spherical &