Weird network problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 26 17:32:15 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-05-26 at 02:00 +0100, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> I've got several machines on a LAN behind a NAT with DHCP assigning
> always the same addresses from a dynamic IP.
>
> A couple of days ago the IP changed & since then, one of the machines
> running Fedora 17 always fails first time to connect to the network:

> All the machines below are on the same LAN & they all work fine after
> the IP address change, it's only the Fedora box that's causing
> problems.

What was the cause for the IP change?  Equipment reconfiguration or
replacement?  The fault may be there...

The first thing that springs to mind with some things working and others
not, is perhaps MTU is different between the machines, with Fedora's not
being a good choice for the network.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686