f17 no internet after power failure, power restored

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Mon May 27 03:15:45 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-05-26 at 17:36 -0700, jackson byers wrote:

> I  am concerned re
> notes section from 'man hwclock'
>

>  "It  is important that the System Time not have any dis‐
>        continuities such as  would  happen  if  you  used  the
>        date(1L) program to set it while the system is running.
> "
> which I did,    as per earlier
>

> Do you expect trouble from this?

Not really. It can do weird things with cron job scheduling and the
like, but I think they're just warning you not to do this kind of thing
willy-nilly. But in your case, it sounds like a one-off due to the power
hit.

If you find that this happens again, then you may have a bad hardware
clock, failing CMOS battery, or some other hardware issue.

--Greg