firefox crash

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue May 28 16:57:07 UTC 2013

Am 28.05.2013 18:54, schrieb Bill Davidsen:
> Tim wrote:
>> On Fri, 2013-05-24 at 09:15 -0700, Konstantin Svist wrote:
>>> If you just updated firefox, you may need to reboot the machine - I've
>>> seen stability problems before reboot
>>
>> Seems a bit extreme, this isn't Windows.  For sure, you quit Firefox and
>> make sure it's not running at all, after an update.  I've certainly seen
>> Firefox screw up if I tried to use it while it was still running during
>> an update.  But I've never had to reboot for it.
>>
> Depending on what updates, you may have to rerun ldconfig to get FF looking at the correct libraries. I have to do
> that after some updates

write a bugreport for the updated packages
they *must* call ldconfig if they update libraries

IMHO it is a misdesign that every single package has to run ldconfig
for updates of many packages instead get this triggered at the end
of the yum-transaction or at least yum could do ldconfig *at the end*
of any transaction, but this is how things are working