Fedora 18 under Hyper-V on Server 2012

John Whitley jrw at gwsevern.co.uk
Thu May 30 09:34:08 UTC 2013

I have been persuaded to move an application running under linux on to a
Hyper-V VM.

I am having significant performance issues and hope some one can cast
some light on them.

I am having to run on a legacy network card as the 'synthetic' NIC gives
poor through put.
This gives a drop of about 50% compared with the original machine.

Disc I/O is down by a factor of 8 when copying significant amounts of
data. (say 7 Gbyte)

The application originally ran on Fedora 15 on an HP DL385 (8-cores)
with 8Gbyte memory
The VM is running under Fedora 18 on a Dell R520 with 8 Gbyte with a
fixed VHD disc

Am I correct in assuming that Fedora 18 kernel has the latest Microsoft
Integration Modules?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

John Whitley